Amsterdam UMC attaches great importance to your privacy and we will therefore handle your personal data with care. This privacy statement provides information on how we handle your personal data. This privacy statement was last amended in August 2021.
What data do we collect and share?
The personal details we collect from you are your name, telephone number, e-mail address, curriculum vitae and motivation letter. We collect this information to communicate with you during the application process and to assess your suitability for a particular position or assignment. The data is only shared with the members of the (external) application committee.
If you would like to receive job offers by email that match your interests, you can sign up for this via our website.
How long do we keep your personal data?
After you have applied, we will keep your data for four weeks or a year after the application process, depending on what you indicated when you submitted your application via the website.
Confidentiality and security
We have taken technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against loss, unauthorised access or any form of unlawful processing. Only employees of the intake team and the vacancy holders are granted access rights to the system in which the data is stored. They are contractually obliged to treat your personal data confidentially.
NVP Recruitment Code
We act in accordance with the NVP Recruitment Code. This job application code contains basic rules that organisations and applicants must observe during the recruitment and selection process for filling vacancies, in the opinion of the Dutch Association for Personnel Management & Organisation Development (NVP).
You have the following rights with regard to the personal data we process from you:
- Inspection: after you have applied, you will be given access to the candidates' portal. Here you can see which of your personal data we process.
- Correction: if the personal data we process about you is incorrect, you can correct it yourself or ask us to do so.
- Deletion: you can ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
- Restriction: if you dispute the accuracy of the processing of your personal data or have objected to it, you can request us not to do anything with the data during the period of dispute or objection, but only to store it.
- Objection: if you are in doubt as to whether your data is being processed lawfully by us, you may object to the processing of your personal data.
- Data portability: if you have provided us with personal data and we process these personal data digitally, you can request us to make these personal data available to you in digital form. If you wish to exercise these rights you can submit a request in writing to team Instroom, via email@example.com. We will process your request within one (1) month. We will comply with your request, if you are entitled to it in the relevant case.
Not satisfied with the privacy protection?
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy asbest as we can. Nevertheless, it may happen that you are not satisfied with the privacy protection offered to you. In that case you can submit a complaint to the data protection officer of Amsterdam UMC via firstname.lastname@example.org . It is also possible to submit your privacy complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
If you have any questions about the protection of your privacy you can contact the data protection officer of Amsterdam UMC, via email@example.com.
Amsterdam UMC deals confidentially with data collected by means of cookies. No personal or sensitive information is stored of visitors to the website. In doing so, we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Our website uses three types of cookies:
- Functional cookies
These cookies are technically necessary to remember your preferred language or font size. They do not require your permission. You cannot disable functional cookies.
- Analytical cookies
These cookies are used to collect and analyse data about visits to our website, such as click behaviour, time of visit and frequency of visits. We anonymise this data and use it to improve and adapt the website.
- Marketing cookies
These cookies are used to track visitors when they visit different websites. The aim is to display adverts that are tailored and relevant to the individual user. This makes these ads more valuable to us as an advertiser.
How to delete cookies?
If you do not want websites to place cookies on your computer or other peripherals, you can always change your permission settings at the bottom of the page in the footer or adjust your browser settings. How you can adjust the settings differs per browser. Consult the browser's help function if necessary. If you wish to disable cookies from specific parties, you can do so through your online choices.